Friday, June 11, 2010

Day Fifty-Three - 6.11.10 - The Parade










The Blackhawks organization (including the front office, Hawks legends, friends, family, trainers, coaches, and the players themselves) was proudly on display this morning and afternoon in downtown Chicago. An estimated 2 million fans flooded the loop to see a championship celebration, the caliber of which this city has not seen in a very long time, if ever. I was lucky enough to for the championship caravan to travel right past my office, and I was able to scurry down to street level and secure a good vantage point near the northeast corner of Michigan & Randolph. I'm not normally one for parades, on account of the clowns that usually linger about... but this one, this championship parade, it was just fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment